Fuller and toned breasts are the desire of most women, but for a few, it’s just a dream. Luckily, with the advancement in technology, it has now become possible for ladies to achieve this dream with the help of cosmetic surgery. So, those who are considering this option and are not clear about what they can expect out of this treatment can check out the details shared below.
About Augmentation of Breasts
Breast Augmentation is a common cosmetic surgery that uses implants or fat transfer to increase the shape and size of breasts. Further, many people are new to these surgical procedures, so one must have complete details about what to expect during or after the augmentation session.
Before the augmentation session
Initially, one must schedule a session with a professional to discuss their goals and the concerns they have regarding the treatment. Further, one can try different implant sizes and special bras to choose the implant that complements well.
After the appointment with the professional, one can understand what the augmentation session will mean to them and the cost of the complete treatment.
On the day of the augmentation session
- Before visiting the clinic:
After scheduling the Breast Augmentation session, one is suggested to reach the clinic in time. Also, one must avoid drinking and eating for at least 8 hours before the surgery to reduce the chances of regurgitation. Further, one must consider wearing loose clothes. Lastly, it is suggested that one arranges for transportation and brings someone with them.
- At the clinic:
- Before the session, one will be prepped for the session.
- After that, the patients are given two IV lines, one of which ensures that one remains hydrated and another for anesthesia.
- One will be under anesthesia throughout the session until the procedure is completed.
After the augmentation session
- After the session, it is required that one brings in one more adult, as one will go home with a compression bra to heal.
- After the augmentation treatment, one will be on narcotic medication for about two days following the surgery. Also, one can start driving after stopping narcotics and join back work within 2-3 days.
- Also, it is required that one wears compression garments for about six weeks and avoid strenuous activity and exercise.
- After the treatment, it is also suggested that one must either sleep on their back or the side.
- Generally, complications with treatment are rare; one must look out for the signs of infection, excessive bleeding, and pain. And in case one experiences any of these issues, one can reach out to the professional directly.
Thus, these are some things one can expect before and after the augmentation session. Still, if one needs more details, one can contact the professionals directly and plan their session accordingly.
For those who are all set to take the next step toward their dream figure, then Breast Augmentation can be their best bet. Besides those looking for the experienced and best professional, one can reach out to Sean Yuan, MD, Bariatric & Cosmetic Surgery, to schedule an appointment and get the figure of their dreams.