What is radiofrenquency microneedling?
Radiofrequency (RF) microneedling is a minimally invasive skin rejuvenation procedure that pairs microneedling with radiofrequency energy. It uses a bundle of fine needles to deliver RF energy directly heating up your deep layer skin, while doing so creating micro lesions at the same time that trigger your body’s natural healing response and promote production of new collagen and elastin, to firm and remodel skin. The most well known brand names are Potenza, Morpheus8, and Virtue.
What is new for Potenza?
New Potenza RF Microneedling with Tiger Tip™ technology performs like no topical (or even filler) ever could, actually stimulating your body’s collagen and elastin levels to treat the advanced signs of aging. Skin looks younger, firmer. And texture, tone and clarity? Smoothed, brightened and improved. The Fusion Tip is the newest addition to its Potenza radiofrequency (RF) microneedling system. It is the first and only RF microneedling tip on the market designed to enhance the penetration of topicals deeper into the dermis, improving the quality of your skin.
- Stimulates new collagen production to not only give you tighter, firmer-looking skin, but younger-acting skin
- Targets blemishes for a smoother, more radiant complexion
- Provides faster healing time than traditional microneedling
How RF microneedling works?
Potenza RF microneedling combines the two treatment modalities together to promote the regeneration and rejuvenation of your skin. Microneedling uses fine needles to create micro wounds, or channels, in the skin. This triggers the production of capillaries, elastin, and collagen. External radiofrequency treatment is also known to be effective at boosting collagen and improving a number of age-related skin concerns, but with limited penetration depth. Radiofrequency microneedling creates a specific combination of the two procedures, bringing together the radiofrequency waves used in external RF skin treatments and microneedling to.
What are the indications for the RF microneedling treatment?
If you have following skin condition, you may consider to have Radiofrequency microneedling treatments.
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Skin rejuvenation
- Appearance of large pores
- Acne scars
- Mild to moderate loose and sagging skin
- Stretch marks
Who is a candidate for the treatment?
You may be an ideal candidate if you:
- are in good health
- have early signs of aging or other skin conditions as mentioned above
- have realistic expectations
Who should avoid having the treatment?
you should avoid the treatment if you:
- currently or recently used Accutane
- have an active cold sore breakout
- have a skin infection
- have a moderate to severe skin disease (like psoriasis)
- are receiving chemotherapy or radiation therapy
- are pregnant
- are taking anticoagulants
- have a history of keloids, hypertrophic scarring, or poor wound healing
What to Expect?
The Potenza RF microneedling treatment uses ultra fine needles and heat to penetrate the top layer of the skin and trigger the body’s natural healing process to regenerate new collagen and elastin. The number of passes and penetration to the skin will vary by patient and affect the results seen. The elastin and collagen building typically takes place 4-6 weeks after treatment, with optimal results usually seen at 12 weeks after the last treatment.
How to care of your skin after radiofrequency microneedling?
After your procedure, your doctor will explain how to care for your skin. This will include the following aftercare tips:
- Apply ice packs to reduce swelling and discomfort.
- Use antibiotic creams or emollients if your doctor prescribed them.
- Use a gentle cleanser after your treatment.
- Avoid wearing makeup until the next day. After 24 hours, you can return to your normal makeup and skin care routine.